A: The compatibility test may fail for a variety of reasons. Regardless, that means if you obtain and install a WEPN Pod, it won’t function properly out-of-the-box.
The reasons for test failure may include:
- Your home router does not support UPnP
- UPnP is disabled by default in your router settings
- Your router itself is behind NAT
- Your ISP is sharing one public IP with several customers (CGNAT)
- Your router is connected to another router (a sub network)
Depending on the reason for test failure, your technical knowledge, and your level of commitment to getting it to work, there might be ways to address the issue and pass the test.
Following articles may help you address the compatibility issue if you still wish to proceed.
- Test result says “No UPnP device found”. what does it mean? how can I fix it?
- Test passed all steps but failed at the final step with message: “Port forwarding test failed”. how can I fix it?
When contacting support for assistance with compatibility test result please include reason for test failure Experiment Ref # as indicated in the app. For support, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign in to leave a comment.